VISIT MY FOLLOWERS . . .

Monday, October 15, 2012

Home for Halloween...

Home for Halloween

Just added a few more touches for Trick or Teators, that being our Grand Children, all three of them...
Kyle, Kohana & Kylie.
or at least that is what I tell myself & Papa.
Oh yes, Sandy, our daughter won't let me get away with it either...We are both Halloween nuts.
I fully enjoy decorating for any holiday, but am slowing down due to a 'bum' knee and most lately an adjustment that has left me very sore. 

The Dining Room 

I have a limited collection of J-O-L Gourds,(Pinchneboutique on Etsy) so I have used this BIG one to be the Center piece of our farm table, with Indian corn, strawberry corn, Bitter sweet and raffia all nested in the wooden trencher.
 
A little corner in the Family Room


 My recent purchase of this Bucket Bench, still needs dusting and more Halloween stuff.  I managed to include the little "Trick or Treators" chair, a Helan Barrick" design, I enlarged the pattern & painted over 20 years ago for Sandy.  We bring it out every year.
The game boards I purchased not too long ago from Pam of 'Goldieloo wood works'.  They compliment this corner soo perfectly.


The Bench in our entry

My Chimney cabinet that I painted too long ago to mention is for Papa's stuff and is out all year,  as are my Izannah Walker Dolls.  More gourds, indian corn, a bowl of acorns from VT., a tiny framed JOL painting by Michelle Palmer, some of my needle work on the walls and paper mache J-O-L's on the peg shelf above complete the entry, 
greeting friends & foes alike.

Since we live in a 55 community, we do not get Trick or treators ... something I dearly miss.  On the other hand, it is not costing us lots of $$$ for the Treats. 

Still gots a bit more to do, but for now I am pooped and done for the day...got to ice my back.
Papa is bringing home some yummy Pizza, something we eat sparingly, so it is a treat when we get it.

Thanks for visiting... 

* * * 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, everything looks GREAT! I just love your gourd JOL's. I was so glad you shared where you purchase them. I've added several to my collection over the past three years.
    Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    Hugs, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all! Enjoy your pizza..smile..Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Barbara,
    All your displays are wonderful! I love how you did up your trencher. Sadly, I can't do anything like that, the kitties would destroy it!
    Who is the designer for the alphabet hornbook with the tombstone angel on the top?

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'The Hornbook Angel' is a Lisa Roswell design. Glad you like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful decorations....wishing you well on recovering from the knee..

    Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete