VISIT MY FOLLOWERS . . .

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Three "Heart in Hand" pin cushions~a MB design

As I sit and wait for Maggie's new book 'Pure and Simple', I decided to practice my stitching skills by making these 
'Heart and Hand' pin cushions from MB's "With These Hands". 
 One for my daughter, Sandy and two for my 
grand daughters, Kohana and Kylie. 

 
The hand is mine traced, somewhat shorter and 
stubbier than the one in Maggie's pattern. 
Am really enjoying stitching these.  
Maybe I need one too???
One is half way done the other two are waiting in line. Want these ready for Easter ... Hope I make it.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend as I am ...
Sending Folk Art Hugs with 
Peace and Palm Sunday Blessings to all,
Barb

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet project made even more special with having used your hand.
    Happy Easter :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lauren. I am finally getting the hang of doing the blanket stitch. Really am enjoying it.
    Happy Easter Week ... Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb,
    What special gifts for your loved ones!!! They will surely treasure it, especially since it is not only "your own hand" but also because your hands actually made it!! I love that pattern and need to make myself one as well!!
    Hope you have a lovely week, my friend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, I am thinking the same ... One for Me. They were fun, stuffed them with lavender buds and crushed walnut shells. Worked out great and boy do they smell good. Hope the little ones like them. We will be with them on Saturday and be home on Sunday for mass and a small(3 of us)Easter diner.
      Happy Easter to you and your family, Barb

      Delete
  4. Love these! Can't wait for Maggie's new book to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work and what attention to detail! I admire and congratulate:)

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete