VISIT MY FOLLOWERS . . .

Thursday, August 24, 2017

what to say ~ A news Flash?


 

Not really sure of what to say.  Our son, Jeff and dil, Cassie with our 3 munchkins have bought a house in Murrieta, Ca.  That means  they will be there for a while.  So, these two old fogies are actually considering on moving to be closer to our family.  I do not sleep well when stressed out and it takes its toll on me.  We are looking at properties on the internet and the prices are knocking my socks off.  But, I think we found an affordable place about 10 miles from their new home.  We are now 100 miles away.  I do not like, actually I dread driving from here to there on those crazy California Freeways, and I worry like crazy when they travel to visit from there to here. 
Here is the "News Flash" !
We have really decided to list our house 
'For Sale'  
as of the 1st of September. 
I won.t bore you any further with whys and why nots.
In between all that is going on and decisions to be made I have completed my new Halloween impression of those vintage paper mache cats.  Her name is..."Witchy Cat".

She is scarey enough to be adorable.  

Her hat looks something like candy corn with a black pom pom on top  and furry ears that are fuzzy white on the insides. Of course it is a punch needle pillow/tuck sort of ornie about 6" tall.  I hope to have better and more pictures soon.  
I'm almost finished with my final Halloween Treat...
he will be called "BOO" for now.

Another for now, I bid you all 'good night', as I have been up since 3 o'clock this morning and am getting a bit tired.  Hubs and I actually managed to do our one hour walk early today.
I/we have so much to do getting our home ready for selling and then finding another to call 'HOME'. 
Perhaps, by this time tomorrow, "BOO" will be finished. I'd love to be able to share this ghostly, JOL with you.

Tis time . . . Nitey nite friends, sleep tight with Peace and Blessings for ALL,
Barb

8 comments:

  1. Again! Packing and sorting is not fun! I hope you find something you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb ~
    That is exciting news. Good luck on your selling and buying. Hopefully it won't be too stressful.
    I do love your Witchy Cat!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and Yes, Stress can be exciting. We are really getting anxious and just want to get the selling and moving over with. I love Halloween. Did I ever tell you that I went Trick or treating when in high school and also in college? I was and still am short so I could get away with it. Some of my friends weren't as lucky, but we had fun! And my youngest daughter Pam is 5'-10" and my youngest son Jeff is 6'-4"...don't ask. Loved seeing your travels and rug hooking...beautiful work,
      Enjoy and be happy, Peace and Blessings for all, Barb

      Delete
  3. Your Witchy Cat is so much fun !!!
    Have fun looking for new digs ! (It's suppose to be fun , right ?)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed remembering those paper mache cat buckets for my design. Moving is fun when it is over and done. We have grandchildren and just should be relaxing enjoying retirement. Just hope it all goes well and I will be a happy camper again.
      Thanks for visiting and you comment too,
      Have a great weekend ... Peace and Blessings for all,
      Barb

      Delete
  4. Hi Barb,
    Your new design is so adorable!! You sure have been busy!!
    Moving is something I am VERY familiar with and it is NEVER EASY, but hoping everything will fall into place smoothly!! Hope you find the PERFECT NEST!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie ... I am late as usual. Loved your comment and thanks so much for visiting. Actually, we were hoping to move to Idaho...but too far from the kids. Sooo looks like we stay in California. It's cooling off here with humidity and some small chance of rain...wishful thinking.
      Enjoy the week and keep on creating.
      Folk Art Hugs to you, Barb

      Delete