VISIT MY FOLLOWERS . . .

Saturday, May 21, 2016

IT'S BEEN WEEKS...I'M BACK

I really have been busy with not much to show for it.  
Just want to show a picture of my Echinacea/Cone Flower that made it thru the winter.  
This one survived my brown thumb.
I am so proud of it.
I have two more planted around this small cluster of rocks
 and they seem to be doing very well too.

Not much luck with plants as I killed my 'Meyers Lemon Tree'.
Thought I was doing all the right things.
Apparently it did not like the desert's summer heat and winter's cold nights.
Anyways, I finally gave up on it after much babying and determined
that I could grow a potted Meyers in the Mojave Desert.
Maybe it really wasn't my brown thumb after all???

Started a herb garden...So far it is OK.
I even purchased some worm castings with hopes of
 NOT being a total failure and getting a Green Thumb this summer.
Will update you on this ... MAYBE!

I have been doing punch needle ornaments for a demonstration for our
Creative Crafters group here in Del Webb of Apple Valley.
Am also attempting knitting.  I want a Tasha Tudor Kindred Spirits Shawl.
Since I tend to be something of a tight wad, I figured
I could knit one.  I do not know how to knit YET.
PLUS
I am making velvet strawberry emery pinkeeps. 
I love them... the more the merrier. 
Will show them to you as soon as they are ready.

Hubs is hungry, gots to get off this puter and get him some grub...
Maybe 'Subway', (hehehe) they are close by.

Enjoy the rest of the week end...it is sunny here with too much wind.

TTYL with Peace for all,
Barb

* * *
P.S. - "Go Trump"

2 comments:

  1. I was getting worried! Glad to hear from you and want to see those berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your strawberries, too.
    Lots of yard work here on Ohio's north coast. My gardens are out of control. Hopefully your brown thumb will turn green.
    Glad to hear you are a Trump supporter! This next election will shape our great country for decades to come.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete