VISIT MY FOLLOWERS . . .

Sunday, April 10, 2016

UPDATE - Stenciling is done

Big Sigh.....
I have finished the painting(stenciling).


Tomorrow, "I hope", I want to begin antiquing and glazing, all in one process.
But first, I need to experiment on a piece of remnant canvas 
to see just how that will work.  
For this step I'm thinking about using Modge Podge tinted with???
Not sure of color but it may be burnt umber or burnt sienna.
That is why I say "I hope".


Here are some close ups of design along the sides. 
Maybe I am not finished painting, cause I'd really like to
do some subtle marbleizing in those lighter side areas.  
Just thinking...  
 Whatever I do, 
the final step will be to glue the 1/2" hems on all four sides.
Then I can say

~"THE END"~

 Did you know that the 'Pineapple' is a symbol for Hospitality/Welcome?

 * * *
Thanks for visiting,  
Barb


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I've always wanted to make something like this, but haven't ever taken the time...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,
    Bravo!!!! It is truly beautiful!! Almost done!!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stenciling is beautiful!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete