VISIT MY FOLLOWERS . . .

Monday, April 13, 2015

Felted Wool Applique ...

Oh Happy Day, I just got my frame for my wool applique,  
'FOLK BASKET' designed by Maggie Bonanomi.  
I absolutely love her designs. 
It is my first try at this and I know it is far from perfect.  
I so enjoyed stitching this one and am planning on doing another soon, 
after another punch needle 'in between' project.
It has not been pressed and it is pinned to the size that will fit the frame.
The 2" wide, flat face frame was ordered, unfinished, from 'Signed and Numbered' on Etsy.  
Not planning on any faux graining yet, just a primitive black finish 
and of course that could change.  
Ya just never know about my feeble mood swings. 
Will show a picture when done.  
Not even sure where I will hang it...maybe our bedroom??? or Entry way???
Plenty of wall space in the bedroom. 
The entry way will need some rearranging.  
Who knows?

Thanks for visiting...Peace to all.
Barb 

* * *

4 comments:

  1. Geez Barb. You try new things and they look like you've been doing them for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Marly ... pleased that you approve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wool applique is my current love. I've been doing it for years but, recently, I just can't put it down. So many ideas! Your's is a beauty! Keep it up!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Robyn... Yes, I am finding it to be habit forming too. A couple of my friends and I are going down the hill to Murrietta for another visit to the recently opened 'PRIMITIVE GATHERINGS'. Finally, a shop with primitive stuff. They are scarce here in the high desert, but a 2 hour drive one way is worth it. Just need MORE wool... and less time on this 'puter.
      Have a great day and say hi to Annie,
      Barb

      Delete