VISIT MY FOLLOWERS . . .

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

"Heart to Heart"

On January 8th, we celebrated the "Baptism of the Lord".  Christmas is now officially over. We packed away the Nativity and Christmas tree with all our memory ornaments.  
Sad, we enjoy the lighted Nativity & Christmas Tree 
in the evenings.  It is a warm and cozy feeling.

I started my "Heart to Heart" design, usually meant for Valentine's Day. LOVE is always in season, so why not display and enjoy ALL year long. 
 It is being done with my new favorite Rustic Moire Wool.
Love the soft, variegated and NO sheen look to it.
Using colors that are very earthy and primitive,
with a hint of olde time fraktur elements.
Still contemplating the finish.  
Maybe an appliqued wool mat with penny tongue trim???  Gots to find a good complimentary color for that.
The design will soon be ready and available on my Etsy.
The Finish will take a while longer.
Tomorrow I will be getting my droopy eyelids lifted.  Feeling a bit anxious about the afterwards treatment.  
20 minutes of ice pack On and 20 Off. 
Not needed if sleeping.
Certainly not my usual routine and for a whole week.
The following week, will be applying warm packs but, 
not so often.
That's two whole weeks.  
Yikes, I am not liking this kind of confinement.
I should be very happy with the outcome as it will open up a whole lot of light on the world around me. 
Hoping all goes well.

'Til then, I thank you for visiting, have a wonderful day
"Take Joy and Create"

Peace and Blessings for all,
Barb

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure all will go well Barb and you will be thrilled with the result. Two weeks sound like a long time but look how quickly we are going through January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you, Barb. Sweet new design.
    I'm sure your surgery went well and like Marly said, two weeks will pass quickly.
    Hugs 😊
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like another beautiful design! I haven't tried those wool threads yet...maybe some time soon though! :-) There really is a certain comfort abut a lighted Christmas tree...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank so much my friends. Had my droopy eye lids lifted yesterday. Home now and everything is blurry for now. Will attempt to take a selfie and show you what a living Zombie looks like.
    Hardly no pain so far and very pleased with
    Dr Polly McKinsky. She is wonderful and so is her reputation. Will soon know for sure. TTYL ... excuse the spelling, eyesight is limited.
    Anyways,
    Take Joy and Create, Love and Blessings to all, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb,
    So happy to hear that your surgery went well!! Hope you heal quickly and get back to normal soon! Your heart designs are so lovely and just love your header!!
    Take care, my friend, and have a great week!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete