VISIT MY FOLLOWERS . . .

Saturday, June 17, 2017

"WINGS of FREEDOM" ~ almost there

This has been a really time consuming project. 
It has been an enjoyable and learning one for sure.
But, I have finally reached the fill-in for the background,
 not yet finished.  
Cannot say how pleased I am with my
"WINGS of FREEDOM".

Here it is.  
Using a grey worsted like wool thread 
will hopefully do the job. 
Working with Rustic Moire wool thread has really been a pleasure.
So far they have 100 colors from which to choose.
This limits your choices, as with DMC there are many more.  
Choosing colors was my biggest challenge.
I now have 1/3 of all of Rustic Moire's wool threads.
As you know, colors you see on your monitor can be deceiving.
That's for sure.
Still not certain about how it will be finished.
My next posting will show the final decision.

A close up of punching the oval cording for 'Wings'.
3 colors of thread were used.  The white fill in was done
using a #2 needle setting, the other two golds were set at #1,
 giving dimension to the over all cord. 
You can see my experimenting punched holes.
There were several of those.
You can also see some drawn pattern lines 
where I have made some corrections as I punch. 
I always do this, even as I am drawing the pattern on my cloth.  
If I see some irregularity, I correct it at this time. 

I'll be back with the Final ... soon.
Thanks for visiting,

Folk Art Hugs for all
with Peace and Blessings,
Barb

"God Bless America"

7 comments:

  1. Wow. Colors are great and detail is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Marly for the sweet comments. They are appreciated...
    This has been a challenge and learning experience for me. It all keeps me going.
    Folk Art Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eagle is amazing!
    A friend just used Moire thread in her pn project and loved it. HMMM. One more thing to try in my spare time.
    Happy Sunday :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanks sweet friend for the lovely comment... The background fill is being done, little by little. Got some ideas for the finish. Just not sure. Will sleep on it and see what happens. It hit 109 today so we stayed in...what else? Papa got his shrimp so that made him happy. Hope you had a great day too,
      Folk Art Hugs and Peace for all,
      Barb

      Delete
  4. Hi Barb!
    I am finally back after going on vacation and then getting a bad flu bug that I am still dealing with!!!
    Your eagle is WONDERFUL!!! Such beautiful colors and I know how much work it is to design something and then work out all the kinks to make it JUST RIGHT!!!
    Your are probably done or getting close to it, but it is really wonderful and I know you must be so proud!!! So much talent!!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie,
    Happy you are back home but not with the flu. Hope it did not interfere with your vacation too much. That's the pits. Thank you so much for your compliment. Yes, I am done with the punching, but now need to mount it on an oval plaque. That was another challenge, trying to decide the finish. I also went to Hobby Lobby this morning to check out other ideas and found none. So will stay with this plaque, as I had it made on Etsy with my dimensions. I will show it when completely finished. Chuck (hubs) says he does not want me to sell this one, and I won't. That's a good sign that he likes it. It will probably become a pattern. That's the nice part about patterns, you get to keep the original.
    Anyways, I am delighted to here from you. Keep cool, it is 107 here and I know it is hotter where you are. Get better and feeling well soon, as those flu bugs can be a real drag. You will soon be back to designing another of your fantastic creations. I so enjoy my visits to see what you have been up to.
    Our thought for the day is "Keep Kool"... Have a great week and will talk again soon.
    A mutual admirer and friend too.
    Folk Art Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Marly for the sweet comments. They are appreciated...


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete