VISIT MY FOLLOWERS . . .

Saturday, July 18, 2015

PEA POD PIN KEEP

ALL BECAUSE...
I saw this on the internet... and fell in love with it.  
I Searched (too long) and discovered it was a 
Maggie Bonanomi design, and the hunt was on. 

Finally found it in her book "Thistle Down Moon".
Gathered the materials needed.  
I even dyed some green velvet with yellow dye 
to get the pea color. 
It was a challenge for me.  
I had hopes of doing two... that will never happen.  
It is for show more than functional, but I am pleased.  
It does need to be propped up or it will lay on its side.  
So I put my thinking cap on and thought, my daughter Sandy has been collecting Monterey Cypress Tree Pods, of which I like very much and thought (twice in one day)... why not?  The woven pine needle basket was hand made by my Grandmother, Carrie, during her retirement years and is very much treasured by me.  

What you see here are 3 generations...at work.
  • Carrie Wheeler ~ Grandmother, made the basket. 
  • Barbara Wheeler-Shores ~ Grand daughter made the Pea Pod pin keep.
  • Sondra Lyn Shores ~ Great Grand Daughter gathered all the Monterey Cypress Tree Pods. 



ALL BECAUSE ... I put on my thinking cap.

* * *

We are really hoping for rain.  So far Zilch (nothing), 
just clouds and wind.  YES, we live in Southern California and witnessed the smoke from the Cajon Pass Freeway fire yesterday... It was scary with cars and semi trucks burning...20 total, and no one was hurt last I heard. 
We were safe.  We live about 10 miles East of the fire.  Rain would be very welcome to help put the fire out completely and help us during this drought.  
Guess that's why it is called Mojave DESERT.

* * *
For now, Enjoy the day with Peace and Blessing for all,
Barb 

7 comments:

  1. Wow. You nailed the color and this is just so sweet. Sweet peas! And what a treasured display. Better make sure it's not in Rusty's way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty basket full of goodies! The pea pod is wonderful! What a mess that fire was...very scary.
    Have a great evening,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pea pod. Maggie has the best patterns!
    Hugs,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barb,
    Your pea pod is just wonderful and looks so sweet in that treasured basket among the tree pods!! To have 3 generations represented makes it a treasure indeed!!! Love it!
    We did get some rain but it is as dry as ever here and will reach 100 today!!! Indoors for me!!
    Take care and stay cool!!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you blog, so glad I found it.
    Holly Ridge Folk Art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies for your wonderful and sweet comments... they keep me going.
    Peace and Blessings to all,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete