VISIT MY FOLLOWERS . . .

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

FOLK BASKET ~ Wool Applique

Just finished lacing the piece to foam core. 
Painted the flat 2" wide frame a subtle crackled black.
It is hard to see in the photo but I wanted some kind of texture on this 'Plain Jane' frame, 
which I prefer for this project...
Yes ... I seriously need to do some housecleaning... 
Don't look too closely.  Like my Mother would say, "it is either someone coming or going".

This is my first 'wool applique'.  I have learned a lot.  
My blanket stitches are OK...but when I get to the outside corners???what can I say?  
I do need help.  Marcia, also a member of the Creative Crafters group here in Sun City, Apple Valley, Ca., is an accomplished and award winning quilter.  
She has been so patient helping and showing me the ropes for this art form. 

One of my many WIP needs some backing...
So for now and 'til next time, enjoy the day 
and thanks for stopping by.

Peace and Blessings to all,
Barb



8 comments:

  1. Hello Barb,

    Ooh I love it, your Mum's comments about housework made me smile.

    Happy days
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and I am happy Mother's comment made you smile.

      Enjoy the day,
      Barb

      Delete
  2. I love your new piece. You did a great job and the frame is perfect. Don't worry about a few imperfections - that's what makes it prim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, they are always appreciated. Imperfections are my learning curves and yes, they are truly primitive.

      Take care and Enjoy the day,
      Barb

      Delete
  3. I was looking at your work until you mentioned about housekeeping. I hope you don't think anything is wrong with it because it looks just like mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marly,
      I knew we had something in common. Thanks for visiting and I am enjoying watching your kitchen tours...LUV it!

      Enjoy the day as always,
      Barb

      Delete
  4. Hi Barb,
    You did a beautiful job!! I love working with wool applique....it is so forgiving and always looks wonderful and rich!! Love the frame too!!
    I'm sure your friend is pretty proud of her student!!!
    Take care and happy stitching!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie,
    Thanks for your kind comment. Just came back from Prim Gathering and purchased a beginner's "Holly and Berries table mat" kit. Getting started for Christmas as I am slower than slow these days. Wasn't the rain wonderful? We actually got some too.
    Enjoy the sunshine...with Peace to all,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete